Women at Sutton Home Care Scholarship
The Women at Sutton Home Care Scholarship (WSHC) is a company sponsored scholarship program dedicated to supporting the continued growth and development of non-traditional, women students in nursing fields. This scholarship is made on behalf of all past, present, and future Sutton In-Home Senior Care employees who demonstrate excellence in caregiving day in and day out. This year, WSHC will award one $2,000(US) scholarship to non-traditional students (women over the age of 19) who are interested in pursuing a career in nursing/healthcare. The scholarship is renewable for an additional year (total of two years). Winners who continue to meet the criteria can receive an annual $2,000 award for up to two years in total.
To be considered for a WSHC scholarship, you must:
- • Be a woman who possess a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- • Plan to attend a LOCAL college, university or trade school to pursue a degree/certificate in a healthcare related field (such as nursing, certified nursing assistant, or licensed practical nurse).
- • Demonstrate a passion for nursing.
- • Have some sort of background in a healthcare related field (such as hospital employee, caregiver, nursing home employee).
- • Require financial assistance to attend college.
- • Be a resident of Greene, Christian, Webster, or Taney counties.
How to Apply
To apply for a WSHC scholarship, fill out the online application below. Also, send resume’, picture, transcript, verification form, and essays to the address below.
- A Completed Application Form.
- • Fill out the entire Application Form at the end of this document. You can type the information of print clearly. When you are done, print Sections I and II of the Application Form and make sure that you sign and date the verification.
- Resume’: Your resume should include the following information:
- • Current Address
- • Work Experience
- Picture of yourself
- Transcript: Include an official “sealed” copy of your current academic transcript (Unofficial copies will not be accepted).
- Two Essays
- 1. In no more than 600 words, describe how you plan to engage in the nursing field in your future career. (If you already have nursing experiences of some sort, please describe that also). And, describe the plans you have in place to ensure successful completion of your nursing degree program.
- 2. In no more than 300 words, demonstrate your financial need for this scholarship
Send completed application and other requirements listed above to:
Sutton In-Home Senior Care
c/o Brooke Sutton
1736 E Sunshine Street Suite 501
Springfield, MO 65804